Thursday 17 September 2020

Gretel's Diary Entry

this is my diary entry for Gretel, Bruno's sister. I hope you enjoy.

12 August 1942

Dear diary,

I hate it here! I haven't anyone to play with apart from my idiot brother,sorry I mean my dimwitted brother. His name is Bruno and hes 9,he acts like he knows everything but I’m 2 years older than him. Today he told me he had an imaginary friend called Shmuel. I was sceptical at first because he's 9 and I don't know how or when but I think he made friends with another child here. When we first got here Bruno mentioned how there were so many children and others on the side of the fence and he wished he could go over to play with them! I mean hasn’t he any brains? I mean, they're Jews! Worlds away from us.

Anyhow,here at “out-with” as Bruno calls it we have a very small house,much smaller than the one back in Berlin. We moved here when father got appointed his job to watch over the camp next door. I wish we could’ve stopped in Berlin,don't get me wrong I love father but i miss Berlin so! As I said my 3 best friends are back in Berlin and so are Bruno's. That's all Bruno goes on about these days “I miss Berlin,lets all go back,I miss Daniel,Carl and Martin” I mean we all have things we miss but we suck it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.